From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tony Evans is a Christian pastor and a widely-syndicated radio broadcaster.
Dr. Evans serves as Senior Pastor to the over 7,500 member Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship in Dallas, Texas, which was founded in 1976 with 10 members meeting at his home. He is also founder and president of The Urban Alternative, a national organization that seeks to bring about spiritual renewal in urban America through the church. The Urban Alternative radio broadcast, "The Alternative with Dr. Tony Evans" can be heard over 500 stations daily throughout the U.S. and in over 40 countries worldwide. The broadcast can also be seen on several television stations. He is a speaker on the Promise Keepers' platform, as well as speaking regularly in crusades[clarification needed] and Bible conferences in the United States and abroad.
Dr. Evans is married to Lois, his wife and co-laborer in ministry. He is the father of four: Chrystal, Priscilla, Anthony Jr., and Jonathan. He and Lois are the proud grandparents of six children: Kariss, Jessica, Jackson, Tre, J.C. and Kanaan.
His daughter Priscilla Shirer, is married to Jerry Shirer, former Hilton Hotels executive and run the Going Beyond Ministries.
Dr. Evans was the first black American to earn a doctorate in theology from Dallas Theological Seminary 
- 1972 B.A., Carver Bible College
- 1976 Th.M., Dallas Theological Seminary
- 1982 Th.D., Dallas Theological Seminary
- The Truth About Angels and Demons
- Dry Bones Dancing
- Let It Go! Breaking Free from Fear and Anxiety
- The Grace of God
- America's Only Hope
- The Best is Yet to Come'
- Are Christians Destroying America?
- God can not be Trusted (& Other Lies of Satan) (2007)
- Can God Be Trusted In Our Trials?
- The Battle Is the Lord’s
- Returning to Your First Love
- Totally Saved
- Dr. Evans Speaks Out On: Spiritual Warfare
- Living What You Believe
- The Fire That Ignites
- God’s Glorious Church
- The Kingdom Agenda
- Life Essentials
- Guiding Your Family in a Misguided World